Do you travel a lot? Or maybe you love to go camping, hiking or canoeing throughout the Ottawa and surrounding areas? When this is the case, how do you pack your gear into your car, truck or SUV? While many people may shove this in every crevice that they can, or they try to adhere their canoe to the top of their SUV with bungee cords and hope, there is a better way. Auto roof racks are a great addition to any vehicle as it gives you the room that you need to pack up what you need when you need it, and ensure that this is safe while you are traveling. And when you are searching for Auto Racks Ottawa you are going to find that Ultimate Automotive has you covered with several options including regular auto racks or even Thule Racks in Ottawa.
Professional Roof Rack Installation vs DIY Installation
When people consider a roof rack for their car, they often see many kits that offer DIY installation. They think that through doing this, you are going to get a great deal that works just as great as the professional installed roof rack. However, having that thought can be the end of this great idea! Why is this? Some of the more common mistakes that are made when you try to do this on your own include:
– Not tightening the roof rack enough resulting in this falling off and damaging your car.
– Over tightening the bolts that secure this to the auto, which will result in damage to your car.
– Not getting a properly fit roof rack which is going to result in tons of issues ranging from this damaging the auto, to losing this going down the road.
– It may simply look awful. The idea with a roof rack is to add extra storage to an auto, but you also want this to look good.
That is why when it comes to Auto Racks Ottawa you need to let the professionals handle this for you!
Tips for Driving with Roof Racks
When you have this auto rack installed by the pros at Ultimate Automotive, you can rest assure that this rack is properly secured. But, here are a few tips on driving with a roof rack attached to your vehicle.
- Be sure that you pay attention to your speed. Just like anything, an auto rack is going to have a recommended speed. What happens if you go over this speed? It can result in the auto racks shifting and damaging the car, no matter how secure this is to the vehicle.
- Watch out for overpasses and situations where you have to watch the height. Of course, the rack itself is not going to add a ton of height to your vehicle. It is when you have this loaded down with camping gear, luggage and the like that you need to pay attention to where you are going.
- Be sure to secure your items to the rack properly. You do not want to find yourself arriving at your destination and realizing that somewhere along the way you lost everything.
Contact our team at Ultimate Automotive for Roof Rack Installation Today.